Top 10 Fastest Supercomputers in the World 2020
The list of the world’s fastest supercomputer has been published. Top 500 companies publish the list of the best 500 supercomputer in speed trials twice a year.
Top 500 published a report on the Lynpack benchmark survey with the help of German and US experts.
Report on the top 10 supercomputer in the list:
1. Summit: Oak Ridge National Laboratory of the US Department of Energy unveiled last June. It is now the world’s most powerful and talented supercomputer.
The Oak Ridge team says the system cost $ 200 million to build. It is the first supercomputer, specially designed for use in artificial intelligence applications.
This supercomputer made by IBM is 148.6x petaflop speed.
3. Sunway TaiHuLight: China’s Sunway TaiHuLight was at the top of the list of the world’s fastest and most powerful computing machines in the world at 2017.
The supercomputer at the country’s National Super Computing Center is at number three on the list this year.
The supercomputer built by the National Research Center of Parallel Computer Engineering and Technology in China has a 93-petalflop speed.
4. Tianhe-2A (Milkyway-2A): The computer at the Tianhe-2A (Milkyway-2A), located in Guangzhou National Supercomputer Center, China, is fourth on the list.
The supercomputer built by the National University of Defense Technology of China has a speed of 61.4 peta flop.
5. Frontera: The fifth fastest supercomputer frontrunner in the world at Advanced Computing Center in Texas, USA.
It uses the Zion Platinum processor as a C6420 supercomputer made by Dell. It has a speed of 23.5 petaflops.
6. Piz Dent: Switzerland’s Piz Dent Super Computer is ranked sixth in the list of the fastest supercomputers in the world.
The supercomputer located at the Swiss National Super Computing Center in Lugano is essentially a Cray XAC3 50 supercomputer.
As one of the most powerful systems in Europe, this supercomputer can work at a speed of 21.2 Petaflop.
7. Trinity: The United States is ranked seventh in the list of fastest supercomputers in the world. It has a speed of 20.2 petaflops.
It was installed in Los Alamos National Laboratory and Sandia National Laboratory in the United States.
8. ABCI: Japan’s supercomputer ABCI is ranked eighth in the top ten of the fastest supercomputers.
It was established at the National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, Japan. The AI bridging cloud infrastructure (ABCI) system, made by Fujitsu, has a 19.9 petaflop speed.
9. SuperMUC-NG: A supercomputer named superMUC-NG is in the list of top supercomputers in Germany. It is located in the Lebanese Super Computing Center.
This supercomputer made by Lenovo uses an Intel Platinum Zion processor. It has a speed of 19.5 petaflop.
10. Lassen: The list of the top 10 supercomputers is listed at number 10 in the United States Lawrence Livemore National Laboratory.
It has a speed of 18.2 petaflop. IBM has made it as another computer as the Sierra system.